Third Party Code
There are some packages we cannot include in the official Maxima
distribution due to legal restrictions or because they are not in a
stable state yet.
If you know any old Macsyma code still available on the Internet or
new Maxima packages that should be included in this list, please tell
us about it so we can add a link or even add it to the official
distribution, if its license is compatible with Maxima's.
A collection of user-contributed code
by Willy Hereman et. al.
- A series of interesting Macsyma packages. Commercial use is not
permitted without consent of the authors.
- The package pw.mac extends Maxima by enabling it to work with
piecewise continuous functions.
information and entanglement package)
- A quantum information package that allows the manipulation of
instances of objects — operators, vectors, tensors, etc. — that appear in
the theory of quantum information and quantum entanglement.
- Symbolic matrix analysis of structures. SymSAP aims to become a
powerful didactic tool to help students learn structural analysis.
- rfMaxima allows for symbolic derivation, as well as numerical
evaluation (incl. Bode and Smith chart plotting), of 2-port network (ABCD,
G, InverseABCD, H, S, Y, and Z), noise and stability parameters.
Derivations are based on the solution of the set of Kirchoff current and
voltage law equations representing the 2-port. Expressions can be
exported to HTML or TeX. Figures can be exported to EPS or PNG.